About Carver Edison:
Carver Edison is an award-winning New York City-based financial technology company that is transforming employee compensation through a reimagined employee stock purchase plan. Carver Edison works with public companies to increase stock plan participation rates through its Cashless Participation™ technology and education platform, Carbon™. The company is backed by leading Fintech investors and entrepreneurs including Eli Broverman, co-founder of Betterment, Jeff Cruttenden, co-founder of Acorns, as well as leading industry executives.
New York City | Open to remote employee
CarverEdison is looking to hire several back-end engineers to help us build the next generation of our flagship products. You'll have the chance to solve complex problems with global reach and impact. The ideal candidates are relentless problem-solvers who can design, architect, and execute end-to-end technology solution using Python, Docker, Flask, Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL and AWS. You will partner with the team to bring customer touch points to life and will be responsible for the technical execution of back-end projects through hands-on development and prototyping. This position reports directly to the CTO.
· Architect and build complex APIs.
· Work with large datasets to optimize the client experience.
· Be able to rightly estimate the task and take ownership on building production-ready software solutions.
· Collaborate with the Product & Design teams to implement features based on business rules and visual design.
· Be able to understand the complexity of the scope and come up with solutions that is designed to scale.
· Must demonstrate craftsmanship on built solutions that follows design patterns, code quality and ready to scale.
· Must be open and inclined to ask for help to maintain the development and delivery agility.
· More than 3 years of demonstrated professional experience, working for enterprise or startup.
· Passion for building comprehensive, intelligent and elegant solutions with quick learning skills.
· Must have expertise building products, using Python, Postgresql, Data Structures, AWS Lambda and various other AWS Services.
· Must know software designs and techniques that drive performance, security and scalability of built solutions.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or similar.
· Strong communication & team collaboration skills, combined with the willingness to learn.
· Experience with Design Patterns, Distributed ApplicationArchitecture, Enterprise Grade Security toolset