About Carver Edison:
Carver Edison is an award-winning New York City-based financial technology company that is transforming employee compensation through a reimagined employee stock purchase plan. Carver Edison works with public companies to increase stock plan participation rates through its Cashless Participation™ technology and education platform, Carbon™. The company is backed by leading Fintech investors and entrepreneurs including Eli Broverman, co-founder of Betterment, Jeff Cruttenden, co-founder of Acorns, as well as leading industry executives.
New York City | Open to remote employee
Carver Edison is looking to hire a software engineer to help us build the next generation of our flagship products. You'll have the chance to solve complex problems with global reach and impact. The ideal candidates are relentless problem-solvers who can design, architect, and execute end-to-end technology solutions using Python, Docker, Flask, Node.js, PostgreSQL and AWS. You will partner with the team to bring customer touchpoints to life and will be responsible for the technical execution of back-end projects through hands-on development and prototyping.
- Build cloud-based distributed systems at scale & with high availability
- Collaborate with the Product and Design teams to implement features based on business rules and visual design
- Translate product requirements to technical solutions, providing estimates and feasibility to build production-ready software
- Understand scope complexity and come up with solutions that are designed to scale, following design patterns and code quality
- Absorb new ideas and be willing to learn from different perspectives
- We believe you have 3-10 years of demonstrated professional experience, working in an enterprise or startup environment
- Ideally you have experience within one or all of the multiple domains: SaaS, fintech, B2B or B2B2C Software.
- General understanding of financial products
- Capital Markets experience is a plus.
- Must have expertise building products, using Python, Postgresql, Data Structures, AWS Lambda and various other AWS Services
- Understanding and hand-on experience implementing microservices
- Experience with Bitbucket and/or Git
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
- Passion for building comprehensive, intelligent and elegant solutions with quick learning skills
- Must know software designs and techniques that drive performance, security and scalability of built solutions
- Experience with Design Patterns, Distributed Application Architecture, Data Modeling and Enterprise Grade Security toolset
- Experience with Agile methodologies, using software such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with Product and Design to deliver consumer-facing products
- Strong communication & team collaboration skills, combined with the willingness to learn pays attention to detail and takes pride in implementing best practices